David Andrews, an integral figure at Hamilton Partners since 1987, brings experience from Trammell Crow. His real estate journey began, laying a foundation before joining Hamilton. Prior to real estate, he served as a project manager at Schal Associates, a Chicago construction firm.
Academically, David holds an MBA in Finance from Northwestern University’s J.L. Kellogg Graduate School of Management, earned in 1986. He also earned a Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering from Purdue University in 1979.
Playing a pivotal role in East-West portfolio development at Hamilton, David, in collaboration with Gary Mori, negotiated over 1,000 leases, spanning millions of square feet. His expertise in deal-making solidifies Hamilton Partners’ competitiveness in the real estate market.
Several noteworthy transactions underscore his proficiency:
- Speigel (580,000 sf): Orchestrated a lease, securing 580,000 square feet.
- Invesco (88,000 sf): Successfully negotiated an 88,000 square foot lease.
- Storage Technology (70,000 sf): Played a key role in closing a deal for 70,000 square feet.
- Nuclear Regulatory Commission (GSA) (70,000 sf): Facilitated a lease for 70,000 square feet.
- Internal Revenue Service (GSA) (85,000 sf): Managed a negotiation, resulting in an 85,000 square foot lease.
- AAA Chicago Motor Club (74,000 sf build-to-suit): Oversaw a build-to-suit property of 74,000 square feet.
- ServiceMaster (64,000 sf): Successfully negotiated a lease for 64,000 square feet.
- Hewlett-Packard (60,000 sf): Secured a 60,000 square foot lease.
- Verizon/Airfone (75,000 sf): Orchestrated a deal for 75,000 square feet.
- Van Kampen/Morgan Stanley (100,000 sf): Played a pivotal role in leasing 100,000 square feet.
These transactions, coupled with his academic achievements, showcase David’s effective negotiation skills and unwavering commitment to securing favorable outcomes, solidifying his reputation in the real estate industry.